Kielbasa Sausage And Vegetable Soup is a different take on the traditional Cabbage Patch. This soup recipe uses sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
Recipe for Kielbasa Sausage And Vegetable Soup
1 Kielbasa sausage cut up into small bite-size pieces
2 potatoes, peeled and cut up
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut up
2 carrots, scrubbed and cut up
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery, sliced
3 cans beef broth
1 large can chopped tomatoes
1 Tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. thyme
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Combine all the ingredients in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender.
• If you don’t have beef broth, you can use chicken broth.
• Or, use water and up to five beef or chicken bouillon cubes.
• Replace the Kielbasa sausage with Italian sausage or smoked sausage
• Feel free to add carrots, green beans, or other vegetables.
• Traditional recipes for Kielbasa sausage vegetable soup usually call for cabbage. Add a cup or two of sliced cabbage, if you like cabbage.
• I've had a similar soup in a restaurant. They called it "Cabbage Patch Soup."