Wild Rice, Broccoli, and Chicken Soup
You get double the chicken goodness in this one because it has both cream of chicken soup in it and pieces of cooked chicken. This is easy -- no peeling, chopping, or messy prep required! You don't even need a measuring cup! It all comes from a box, can, or package, yet it gives you this incredible home-made soup.
* 1 box of Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and Chicken soup mix
* 2 cans chicken broth
* 3 broth cans water
* 1 handful carrot slaw (shredded carrots already prepped found in produce dept.)
* 1 package (10 - 12 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
* 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, cubed into small pieces
* 10 - 12 oz. canned chicken
Put rice, contents of seasoning packet, both cans of broth and water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring once.
Add broccoli, carrot pieces, and chicken. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add in soup and cream cheese. Continuing cooking over low heat, stirring continuously, until cheese is melted.
Servings: 8 small servings
Time: 20 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time
Go to the Soup, Stew, and Chowder Recipes blog.
Click here to post comments
Return to Your Favorite Chicken Soup Recipes.